- Written permission for the Archdiocese to conduct another background check;
- Review and certify completion of "Safe Environments" program ( a program to identify, prevent and report the abuse of vulnerable populations [i.e. children, etc.]);
- Letter to the Archbishop requesting assignment to my home parish;
- Meetings with my pastor to:
- Develop a parish contract (i.e. what my ministerial assignments will be at the Church);
- Coordinate the submittal of a letter from my pastor to the Archbishop requesting that I be assigned to my home parish (hope this is a gimme!);
- Sending out tickets to the ordination (these are hard to come by);
- Finalizing and practicing my first homily; and
- Helping with plans for the pre-ordination family dinner, post-ordination open house and first Mass.
I know I am forgetting something
Karen and I will need to find some time to spend with our Lord.