Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
It is an interesting read and may be the beginning of a new approach by conservative religious groups on how to handle some of these issues.
You can read the declaration here.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
In his article, James Akin says that Sola Scriptura assumes:
(1) The existence of the printing press,
(2) The universal distribution of Bibles,
(3) Universal literacy,
(4) The universal possession of scholarly support materials,
(5) The universal possession of adequate time for study,
(6) Universal nutrition, and
(7) A universal education in a high level of critical thinking skills.
It is clear that these preconditions are not the case in the United States, much less throughout the world or at any time in Church history.
What do you think about this?
You can read the entire James Akin article here.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
Monday, November 2, 2009
I am the Resurrection,
I am the life;
to believe in me means life,
in spite of death,
and all who believe
and live in me
shall never die.
Today we remember all those people who have gone to the Lord before us. Let us pray that they are in his presence and that we will see them in the life to come.