Last Formation Year

This Saturday, my class begins the last year of formation to the diaconate. It hardly seems like four years have already passed by and sometimes I still feel like I am an aspirant, discerning whether I have really been called to this ministry.

This year will be filled with classes where the "rubber meets the road". That means two semesters of:

The Gospels
The Sacraments
Homiletics
Liturgy - Rubrics and Style
Catholic Social Teaching

Each of these classes will be important in our service to the Church and I am really looking forward to each of them.

I recently went to the service for the Institution to Candidacy and Acolyte. One of the members of the class of 2011 pulled me aside and said "Don't blink, this year will pass by so fast you may miss something". It made me think about the last four years and where we came from and where we are going. It's coming fast; I hope I'm prepared.

Comments

Popular Posts