STRUGGLES

Since I have been in formation to become a deacon, I have attempted to maintain some of the activities that I enjoyed before beginning this process; especially riding my bicycle. However, I have become more and more aware that I do not belong in the groups I used to ride with on a regular basis. The conversations, and the priorities of the people is something that I no longer relate too. There is a part of me that says I must continue and use this as an opportunity to serve those who may be in need (not financially since most cyclist are quite affluent, but spiritually). However, I find that people begin to put up walls once they learn what I am doing. I end up being quite alone on a ride with 30+ people.

I am not surprised, just disappointed.

Lord give me the strength to pick up your cross and follow you.

Comments

Popular Posts