The daffodils are blooming in Smyrna (however, this photo was taken at a convent in Belgium many years ago [I guess I am lazy]). I always find it a nice reminder in the winter that spring is just around the corner and the beginning of new life. The weekend also begins another year of formation classes. This year we have Patristics, Scripture Prophets, Moral Theology, Grace, Mariology and Liturgy (Mass). I have not seen my class brothers for quite a while and it will be nice to see them and their wives again.

I am certainly looking forward to the new year of classes. This will be the first full year of the revised schedule and I know a lot of work has gone into the new curriculum. They are really attempting to prepare us for the future.

In two weeks my class will be instituted as Reader in the Church. A Reader is a minor order in the Catholic Church and is a stepping stone to major orders. In my case, that major order would be as a Deacon. This role as Reader will allow me to read from the old and new Testament (excluding the Gospel reading) during Mass.

Comments

Popular Posts