This is the first post of this blog. My intention for this blog is to have a format to reflect on my formation to the Permanent Diaconate in the Catholic Church, as well as incorporate news stories or information I find useful and/or inspirational. Although I doubt anyone will read this blog, I hope that it represents an on-line diary of how I develop over the next few years.

Currently I will be beginning my second full year as a candidate in my formation as a Deacon. Overall it is a 6 year process. The first two years are all about applications, interviews, and a discernment period (called aspirancy). If all goes well, the aspirants are accepted to candidacy, which is the official acceptance into the program. The following four years consists of intensive training in the four areas of formation. These areas include human, spiritual, pastoral and intellectual. I hope to speak more on these subjects as time goes on.

Comments

Popular Posts